Monday, September 27, 2010

One down, many to go

Well, I polished off my first "Fall into Reading" book last week, Friday morning to be exact. Numero uno...Molly Wizenberg's "A Homemade Life", a fun memoir/recipe book by the author of the Orangette blog. I don't read that blog very often, so I really have no idea how much of her content came directly from her blog. The book, however, did not read like a compilation of blog posts. It was an enjoyable story about her life and her family with each chapter concluding with a recipe.

I really enjoyed her writing. She tells her stories well and describes the recipes in ways that make me want to try (nearly) every one. For example, thanks to this book, I now have a desire to make stewed prunes. She makes them sound scrumptious. I'll let you know how they turn out.

So, what next? Well, I forgot to add a few books to my list last week. My 10-year old has been reading the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series, but I'm trying to read each book ahead of him. So, "The Titan's Curse" became available at the library and took priority over my list, so that he can get his hands on it. I finished it this morning, so now he just has to finish reading his "39 Clues" book.

Now what? Well, I've started The Book Thief and The Whole Life Adoption book. I probably should keep pounding away on those. Like them both but not in large doses...yet. (I've heard The Book Thief gets hard to put down). I have Farewell to Arms and need to read it for next month's book club. And Her Mother's Hope is waiting to be picked up at the library. Hmmm...

When am I supposed to clean my house?

No comments:

Post a Comment