Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Booking It Update

(Check out Life as Mom for other Booking It updates.)

Well, let's see...what have I read lately?

I can't even seem to remember. So, let's talk about what I'm currently reading and hoping to read in the next couple months.

I just picked up "The Cookbook Collector" from the library and am excited to dig in. I am also reading "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan. Unfortunately, it's due back today. Ack. I'm only about half-way through. Trying to decide whether to just keep it and pay the fine or get back on the list. I've been really challenged by what I've read in it and would highly recommend it. It would be even better to read it with a group though, so that you can discuss the material.

Also, in the "to be read" pile (also known as the "to be picked up from the library as soon as they become available" pile):
"The Confession" by John Grisham
"A Homemade Life" by Molly Wizenberg
"The Titan's Curse" Percy Jackson #3 - CJ is ready to read this but has to wait for me...this will get priority.

Finally...tomorrow night is my night to suggest books for the next month's book club. I'm excited about my "theme" and all the books on the list. Can't wait to see what they pick.

Oh yeah, finally remembered what I just read: "Never Let Me Go" - This was a great book that is actually coming out as a movie this weekend. Normally, I am not interested in seeing movie adaptations, but with this one, I can't wait to see what they do with it. Maybe a date night is in my near future?

No comments:

Post a Comment