Wednesday, September 29, 2010

2,694 pages

So, I went to the library today (seems like many of my posts start like this)...

I came home with 2,694 pages of reading. How did that happen? Let's just say that I shouldn't even stop at the new release shelves. I should go straight to the checkout when I have a book on hold. But, today I had a few extra minutes and just couldn't help myself.

Many times I walk away empty-handed. But, today the titles were just jumping off the shelves. Were any of them on my Fall into Reading (FIR) list? No. That would be too easy. And, of course, 6 of the 8 books that I left with are 14-day loans. I'm pretty sure some will be returned unread. Oh well. I did grab a couple that are on my list...they just weren't on the new release shelves.

So, what's in the pile?
Her Mother's Hope by Francine Rivers (the book on hold that I went there to pick up)
South of Broad by Pat Conroy - Not FIR but on my "to be read" list for some time
Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah - Her books are super fast, easy reads...nothing life changing here, just fun, not FIR
Innocent by Scott Turow - Also not on the list, but something a little different
Brooklyn - FIR
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet - FIR
Major Pettigrew's Last Stand - I've seen this on a number of FIR blogs and it looks interesting.

I can't start any of these just yet though. I'm now flying through The Book Thief. What an incredible book! I highly recommend it. More about that later...back to reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment