Saturday, July 16, 2011

In the Pile

First of all, I really enjoyed the "Uglies" series by Scott Westerfeld. If you liked the Hunger Games, I think you would enjoy this teen sci-fi series as well. It doesn't quite match up to the Hunger Games, but really, that's a tall order, don't you think? So, check it out...Uglies, Pretties, Specials and Extras.

I went to the library to return a few things and can't leave without taking home some replacements.

On my nightstand:
Ratio (a book about cooking) by Michael Ruhlman
In This Mountain by Jan Karon
Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult...better purchase some tissues
Unlocked by Karen Kingsbury...they were talking about this book on the radio a few days ago
Death in the Andes by Mario Vargas Llosa...my book club book, haven't convinced myself to read it yet. This is not good, because book club is mere days away.

Also, on my nightstand, not from the library:
The Help...I want to re-read this before the movie comes out in August
Tunnels...started it and may need to start over.
The Hole in our Gospel...ditto. I was doing really good about reading this for awhile. Need to get back to it.

Obviously, that's more than enough to keep me reading for awhile.

What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment