Saturday, January 30, 2010

14-Day Loans Are A Problem

So, on our snow day, CJ and I made a trip to the library. We went often this past summer, but now that school has started, I usually just run in and pick up the books I have on hold. And, CJ gets his books at the school library.

So, after he found 10 books he wanted to bring home, I ventured over to the new arrivals shelf to see what was there. (I also needed to pick up my book club book for the month, "The Painted Veil").

I quickly amassed 5 books...unfortunately, they are all 14-day loans. How will I ever read them all in 14 days?!?! I brought them all home anyway.

Here's what I've got:
How to Buy a Love of Reading by Tanya Egan Gibson
True Colors by Kristin Hannah
The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
La's Orchestra Saves teh World by Alexander McCall Smith
The Baker Street Letters by Michael Robertson
The Painted Veil by W. Somerset Maugham

And I still need to finish "As Sure as the Dawn" (Mark of the Lion #3).

There are not enough hours in the day for 14-day loans. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment