Friday, February 5, 2010

The minimum

I can't seem to walk out of the library with just the book I went in to pick up. Today, I stopped at the library to get two books I had on hold. (After my last trip, I'm sure you're wondering why I would have put more books on hold. Good question).

So, the two books I intended to leave the library with were:
1. The Seven Habits of Highly Effective FAMILIES
2. Sweethearts by Sarah Zarr (YA)

But, as soon as I walked in I felt the pull of the new release shelves and off I went. I did better than last time. Just two books in my pile are 14-day loans and one of those is a cookbook.

So, the extras that have been added to my rather large pile:

3. Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella
4. Martha Stewart Dinner at Home
5. The Cruelest Month by Louise Penney (the third in a series I've been enjoying)

The thing is, I also ordered two books from Amazon today. It's starting to sound like I have a problem. They're both non-fiction, though. And one is for my small group.

So, the other two books added to that crazy pile:

6. The Whole Life Adoption Book
7. A Perfect Mess by Lisa Harper

Whew.

One other note - I returned "How to Buy a Love of Reading" today without reading it. I read a few chapters this morning and decided I wasn't interested and didn't want to invest the time to become interested. So, I just have two more 14-day loans to finish before next Friday. (And 2 more for the following Friday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment