Sunday, January 24, 2010

Falling Behind Fast

So, I must have composed a few posts in my head, because I sure thought I was more up to date than this.

I added "Her Fearful Symmetry" to my list when my mom showed up with a copy loaned to her from a friend. I read it quickly so that I could return it to her. A rather bizarre book, I must say, but so was "The Time Traveler's Wife" (same author). I definitely preferred "The Time Traveler's Wife".

I'm certain I've added another book or two in my head but am, of course, drawing a blank now.

Also finished "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" (Jan. 8th?) and "The Hidden Art of Homemaking" (Jan. 18th). That book club was interesting...it didn't rate very well among anyone.

Next month's book club pick - "The Painted Veil".

I've also started the "Mark of the Lion" series by Francine Rivers. It took me a few chapters to get into the first book, but I'm loving it now. I finished "A Voice in the Wind" and am reading "An Echo in the Darkness". In the midst of reading this, I've also been reading a lot of the Old Testament. The series references many of the events I am reading about...the timing has been great.

Phil is finished "The Long Walk" as I type. I might need to add that to my pile.

And, last but not least, I need to decide on a non-fiction book for February. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment