Ahhh, spring. I can hardly believe that everything is already so green. Our very mild winter caused spring to appear quite early this year.
Spring (as I've mentioned in the past) is the season during which I read the least. And, I've had a hard time figuring out what exactly is on my must-read list for the next few months. But, I love these reading challenges by Callapidder Days, and I still want to participate.
To see what everyone else is reading, go here.
So, we'll start with books I've requested from the library:
1. Night Circus (I read this in February, but it is the book club selection for April, so I'm checking out the audio book to refresh my memory).
2. Home Front by Kristin Hannah
3. Insurgent by Veronica Roth (comes out in April)
What's next? How about some non-fiction?
4. The Praying Life by Paul Miller
5. Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas (Phil and I have been reading this together, but we haven't made much progress).
6. Sacred Rhythms by Ruth Haley Barton (I've started this one just briefly and would love to finish it this spring).
How about some more fun stuff?
7. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (loaned to me by a co-worker)
8. Heart of a Killer by David Rosenfelt (his new, stand-alone legal suspense novel)
9. V is for Vengeance by Sue Grafton (in my box of Christmas books)
10. The Distant Hours by Kate Morton (in last year's box of Christmas books)
That's probably enough. I'll have two more book club books to add to the list before the end of the challenge. And, I'm just not getting all that much reading done these days.