Monday, September 12, 2011

Derailed

I haven't been doing quite as much fiction reading lately. The result is a growing pile of library books. Because every time I go, I can't help but bring a few things home with me. But, I haven't been finishing anything to take back. (We did, however, watch the first 2 seasons of Veronica Mars, courtesy of the library...that cut into my reading time.)

Today, a couple books will go back without reading:
An Amish Love - was never in the mood for hokey.
Amaryllis in Blueberry - never did figure out what this one was about.

Just finished and ready to return:
The Saffron Kitchen by Yasmin Crowther - this was September's book club pick. We read a book set in the Middle East last month (Son of Hamas) and I was a little slow to read this one, since the setting was similar. The book was good, though, just not a speedy read.

Still in the pile:
Divergent by Veronica Roth - I'm excited to read this one. It's very likely next up.
Call me Irresistible by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Bel Canto - by Ann Patchett - on my tbr list for a LONG time
Candle in the Darkness & Fire by Night by Lynn Austin
The Women by TC Boyle

Still reading:
One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
The Good and Beautiful Life by James Bryan Smith
Radical by David Platt - this one's on my Kindle

Recently purchased:
66 Love Letters by Larry Crabb

What are you reading? What do you want to read?

No comments:

Post a Comment