Friday, June 11, 2010

A Book Binge

So, CJ (my 10-year old) has been gone to camp this week. Overnight camp. As you might imagine, his absence opens up some significant time in my schedule, time that should be filled with things like cleaning out the linen closet, organizing the office, catching up on laundry. Or, even more importantly, planning my in-law's 40th anniversary party or preparing freezer meals for my sister-in-law who will be delivering TWINS any day. I had plenty on my list to keep me busy this week.

What did I do? Well, I tackled a few projects here and there. We shopped for curtains and rods for our living room, since one of our cats decided to tear down what we had. And, I did get the invitations sent for the anniversary party. But, each night, after dinner, I pulled out a book and read, read, read. In fact, it's a little embarrassing how much I read this week. Oh well, here's what I finished (so far...I have until 5:30pm tonight though. I may squeeze in a little more reading):

U is for Undertow
Percy Jackson & the Olympians - The Lightning Thief (read this one to see if it was okay for CJ to read)
Beatrice & Virgil (by Yann Martel, author of one of my very favorite books, "Life of Pi"
The Recipe Club

Up Next: I should probably get started on my book club book (we meet next Thursday) "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", but I also just picked up a non-fiction book from the library "The Other Wes Moore" that I need to get started on...14 day loans don't give you much time.

No comments:

Post a Comment