Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Where did November go?

After sailing through 8 books on my list, I started "Three Cups of Tea". Who knew that it would take me until the end of November to finish it?

It was a great book, so inspiring. It made me feel like I should be doing something but just what, I'm not sure. I am hoping my husband will read it too. He prefers non-fiction, so perhaps it will be just his thing.

I'm at a bit of a loss for what to read next. I'm tempted to start "A Thousand Splendid Suns" but since I just read about Afghanistan and Pakistan, I think I'll wait. "Shanghai Girls" is waiting to be picked up at the library.

And then, there is this pile of books I checked out last week that aren't on the list at all...gasp! And those are the books I want to read: "Entertaining Disasters" (I'm actually about 1/3 of the way through with it), "The 19th Wife", "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", and "Fatal Grace" (the book that follows "Still Life").

But, I also want to make progress on my list, so we'll see what this evening brings. I'll probably try to finish "Entertaining Disasters" and then start "Shanghai Girls" or finish (I started this summer) "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle". We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment