Tuesday, December 8, 2009

December Book Club

Almost two years ago, I joined a book club. We meet the third Thursday of each month, and I look forward to it all month long. We call our book club "Women of Great Taste"...great taste in books, food, friendship.

Food? Yes, we eat at our book club, something that is somehow related to the book. It's always fun to show up and find out what the host has come up with, for examples when we read "The Five Love Languages", the host served punch and wedding cake.

At the end of our meeting, we pick our book for the next month. The next month's host chooses a genre or theme and then offers 3-5 book suggestions. A vote decides which book we will read.

This past month, I had read all the books on the list. :) But, they were all good books, and I was excited that our group chose to read "Water for Elephants". I have added it to my FIR list and am hoping to re-read it before we meet next week.

But, first I have to finish "A Thousand Splendid Suns".

No comments:

Post a Comment