Tuesday, October 27, 2009

An update

So, I gave in and bought "Catching Fire", the second book in "The Hunger Games" trilogy. And I put aside "The Art of Racing in the Rain" to read it...in less than 24 hours. It was fantastic. I can't believe the third book in the series isn't even published yet.

(Sometimes, wouldn't you rather wait until the whole series has been written before reading it? That's how I felt with Harry Potter. I think I started it when there were four or five books out. It was so hard to wait on those last few. I can't imagine if I had started when everyone else did!)

Then, when I returned home from a fun weekend in Kansas City, "The Broken Teaglass" was waiting for me in the mailbox. Since it's our book club selection for November, I figured it could jump in front of everything else that's waiting to be read. My noble reasoning for this is so that I can pass it on to other book club members. (The library has been a little slow getting their copies on the shelves).

It was a fun book and a quick read. If you like words/dictionaries, you should definitely check it out. It was interesting to learn how a dictionary is written.

So, now you would think I would be reading "The Art of Racing in the Rain" especially since it's a library book that must be returned. Alas, I have turned instead to "New Tricks" by Dave Rosenfelt. He writes these really funny, legal mysteries about an attorney named Andy Carpenter. The first one in the series is "Open and Shut". Check it out. His books make me laugh out loud.

My husband had started reading "New Tricks" which meant I was going to have to wait awhile, but when he got a new book this weekend, "Superfreakonomics", I stole "New Tricks" from him. I'll have it finished before he gets home from his work trip this week...he'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment