Wednesday, October 21, 2009

An Interruption and an Addition

We will now interrupt regularly scheduled programming with this special announcement...
I am reading a book that is not on the list! After finishing "That Old Cape Magic" (so-so) and "The Hunger Games" (excellent), the next book in my pile from the library is "The Art of Racing in the Rain." However, if I had "Catching Fire" in my possession (the book that follows "The Hunger Games") I would be willing to abandon my list altogether in order to read it. Yes, I thought "The Hunger Games" was that good, although not for everyone.

The addition to my list..."The Broken Teaglass" is November's book club pick. The theme was "Mysteries, Old and New" and the choices ranged from Arthur Conan Doyle, Agatha Christie and Charles Dickens to Emily Arsenault and Terri Blackstock. I'm looking forward to this book. It's brand new and the story line sounds intriguing. Want to know what it's about? Check it out on Amazon or elsewhere. I don't like to give anything away or have anything given away to me (I don't even read inside the cover of the book.)

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment