Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Overdue

Well, true confessions, I did very little reading in March. It took me the whole month and then some to finish "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Families" (a great read by the way). In fact, it was 10 days overdue at the library when I finally returned it. I figured it was cheaper to pay $2.00 in overdue fines than to buy the book...though I might buy it sometime in the future anyway. :)

I'm still working on "Getting Things Done", close to finishing. It's been a great book on organization. Now, if I could just implement all that I've read.

My book club book for April is "Cloud Atlas" by David Mitchell. What an intriguing book! I'm only halfway and book club is tomorrow night, so I have some serious reading to do. I think I really like it but will wait for the verdict until finished.

We took our 10-year-old to meet Andrew Clements, one of his favorite authors, last week. Unfortunately, we got there late enough, it was standing room only. Between his talk (1 1/2 hours is a little long for kiddos to listen) and waiting to get our book signed, we were there nearly 2 1/2 hours, on our feet the whole time. That might have taken away a little from the enjoyment of the evening.

I want to jump on the "Spring Reading Thing" bandwagon but am a little late...and need to make a list.

No comments:

Post a Comment